The VAULT Festival is coming to town! From January 24th to March 18th, over three hundred new shows explode across a festival of festivals in their Waterloo home. With new venues, new bars, new food and plenty of surprises, VAULT 2018 is the biggest, fairest platform in London for artists to present innovative, daring work. Here we have a chat with the team behind nest, tackling mental health struggles between two young people in a messy relationship, vulnerable to the pressures of the social housing crisis and being left behind by society.
They say the theatre industry is a small world, so here at Small Truth Theatre we challenged ourselves to find #nestplay’s 8 degrees of separation…
1) Let’s start with #nestplay venue, the CAVERN – our Designer Holly Pigott designed the critically acclaimed SKIN A CAT in the Cavern space at VAULT Festival 2016….
2) Yasmeen Arden (Director) saw this run and afterwards reached out to Holly, they began working together on projects such as Bruntwood long-listed play DEAD YARD at Arcola Theatre….
3) Meanwhile Yasmeen is a reader for Theatre503’s Playwriting award 2016, where she comes across Australian playwright Katy Warner, and her play ‘nest’ which has been shortlisted from 1600+ plays to the top 30……
4) On the other side of the world Arthur McBain (playing Liam in nest) is IN Australia (where Katy is from, that’s close right?) filming ABC Televisions’ FRIDAY ON MY MIND, a drama series about The Easybeats, where he stars as drummer ‘Snowy’ Fleet…….
5) Arthur stars in Theatre503’s 2016 production THE STATE WE’RE IN, alongside Charlotte Higgins (playing Jade in nest)…..
6) THE STATE WE’RE IN is where Yasmeen, Charlott,e and Arthur first meet Robyn Bennett (Producer) who produces this run at Theatre503…..
7) Robyn as Assistant to independent producer Tara Finney, and as Stage One producer at Watford Palace, works alongside Zoe Spurr (Lighting Designer) on several productions…
8) Zoe is currently doing the lighting design for SPARKS at VAULT Festival 2018, in the Pit which is next to….you got it, the CAVERN.
TA-DAH we did it!!
Small Truth Theatre present the world-premiere of nest by Katy Warner at VAULT Festival 2018, playing from the 28th of February to the 4th of March at 18:00. Tickets and more information can be found here.