Date: Tues 27 Jan
Venue: Horse & Stables, London SE1 7RW
Actors and directors call: 5.30-6pm
Doors open: 7.15pm
Event time: 7.30-9.30pm
Page to Stage social: 9.30 onwards in the bar
The scripts are chosen!! All we need now is a fine cast of actors and 4 top-notch directors…
Page to Stage comprises directed, rehearsed readings of four new theatre scripts, with constructive feedback from an industry panel. Cast and director meet on the night (see timings above). The event allows plenty of opportunity to meet people (including a venue with menu, ales etc.). Please note: As this is a networking evening, run on a voluntary basis, all roles are unpaid.
See below for descriptions of the plays and casting breakdowns. Applications welcome from all backgrounds.
– The event is to showcase new writing, so clear delivery, strong characterisation and confident reading skills are essential.
– Casting is done from your CV, biog and any other information that showcases your skills, e.g. Spotlight link, showreel link.
– Please ensure your biog is up-to-date and no more than 75 words (if cast, your biog will be included in the programme)
– Feel free to state which role(s) you are interested in. (Final casting, however, may differ from this.)
– Actors confident playing up/down in age are welcome to apply.
– Please send a short note outlining relevant theatre experience, along with your biog and CV.
Deadline: Please email your CV and biog (75 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16 January.
Page to Stage Organiser
THE FOUR PLAYS/PLAY EXCERPTS
By Marcia Kelson
Annie is planning a romantic break to celebrate her 10th wedding anniversary. But husband Alan has reconnected with old flame Sophie and has other plans. Things start to unravel…
Annie (F): age not specified in script – 30s or 40s?
Alan (M): same age as Annie, his wife
Sophie (F): same age as Alan and Annie
Martin (M): slightly older than Sophie, his wife
By Ross Dunsmore
Couple Sue and Rob both work in a call centre. Their relationship is crumbling, against a relentless backdrop of new voices on the line…
Sue (F): age not specified in script
Rob (M): age not specified in script
By Josh Hinds
Jayne has asked Paul to help end her life. But she has one last request…
Jayne (F): dying grandmother
Paul (M): family doctor, prob 40s
Fine On The Outside (FOTO)
By Jonathan Edgington:
A grossly overweight compulsive eater and drinker tries to get fit. His wife doubts he will succeed…
Woman (F): given as 38 in the script
Man (M): given as 42 in the script